Kenny Community School is always ready to show you what makes our school a nurturing and effective place to educate children.
To meet with us or to tour our school please call us at 612-668-3340.
The Kenny Foundation is hosting a series of Kenny-Family-Get-Togethers at FreeStyle Yogurt. Thanks to the great folks at FreeStyle, a % of the proceeds benefit the Kenny Foundation! Mark your calendars, call a school buddy and meet us on these days!
Join us 6:00 to 8:30 pm on Monday, December 2 at Barnes & Noble in the Galleria in Edina for the 2nd annual December Kenny School Book Fair! All purchases benefit Kenny School - the PTA designates the funds to improving the Kenny Media Center. Join us for the following...
- Great shopping between 6:00 and 8:30 pm
- Meet author Chris Monroe, who will read and sign her new book "Monkey With a Tool Belt"
- The Kenny Glee Club, under the direction of Mrs. Hutter, will perform ""A Gleeful Holiday," a collection of holiday tunes
- Dinner, snacks, and beverages available in the Barnes and Noble Cafe. These purchases also count toward the book fair total.
How do I participate?
- Look for a special B&N voucher in Wednesday, November 20 backpacks / take home folders. Make sure to bring the vouchers to the store December 2.
- Can't shop 12/1? No worries - shop online http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ and still benefit Kenny School. Simply enter ID# is: 11139532 at check out.
- Pass our ID# is: 11139532 to friends and relatives and ask them to shop at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
Kenny School is hiring a School Based Family Liaison. The goal of this position is improving parent involvement in school-related activities to increase student engagement and achievement. The Family Liaison will follow the National Network of Partnership Schools program and the six keys to school-family-community engagement, which are (1) Parenting; (2) Communicating; (3) Volunteering; (4) Learning at Home; (5) Decision Making; and (6) Collaborating with the Community. Training will be provided.
Please review the job description, expectations and qualifications: click here.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Linda Halverson
5720 Emerson Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55419
Call Kenny School at 612-668-3340 if you have any questions about this position
You're invited to LUCKY 7 - the 7th annual March Magic Party hosted by the Kenny Foundation at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, March 7, 2014.
Click here for more information!
Interested in company sponsorships or donating raffle items? Click here.
If your child is entering kindergarten in the fall of 2014 - or if you have an older child and you're transferring schools - visit Kenny School for a tour. Tours are guided by parent volunteers. You'll visit classrooms during instructional time and visit all of our school facilities like the lunch room, media center and gym. To schedule a tour, call 612 668 3340.
Tours are provided on the following days.
Tuesdays and Fridays at 8:15 am
Thursdays at 1:00 pm
We can also accommodate other day and time requests - let us know when you call.
See you at Kenny School!
Kenny Newsletter: November 20, 2013
December 2013 (.PDF)
Click here to see all the great things happening in Media!
5720 Emerson Ave. South Minneapolis, MN 55419
Telephone: 612.668.3340 | Fax: 612.668.3350